Congratulations on your new addition in your family! Newborn phase is the most amazing moment that you really want to capture, since they will be so little for a short period of time. I am a mother of two and been doing newborn pictures since 2011, it takes a lot of patience and practice. I’m not a perfect newborn photographer, but I know with a lot of patience and practice.. I will get there 🙂
Anyway here’s some info what to expect:
- Contact me as soon as you are home with your baby so we can schedule it soon (0-7 days the best, but if you have a preemie, I don’t mind doing it later) Why I do it so early? because the baby still be sleepy and all they do is sleep, eat and pee/poop. 😀
- You can get your own props.. but I do have some props too.
Baby Girls: cute headband from etsy.com or any simple hat/props. I’m not a big fans of those ginormous flower in my honest opinion it just took the attention from the baby’s cute little face.
Baby Boy: hats 😀 or baby tie. I love trendy ties (http://shoptrendyties.com/) for boys prop.
if you have any quilt that your great grandma made, or any thing that has sentimental value, feel free to let me know.
- I do the session usually at your house. An hr before I get to your house, make sure the baby only in diaper and wrapped in a warm blanket.. feed baby till s/he in a deep sleep. (loose clothing that day to avoid those marks on their skin).
- Prepare your house to be like a steam room.. I usually set the room temperature up to 80 degree.. and let me know if you don’t have space heater.. we need that too.
- Let me know in advanced what color blanket you’d like for the session.
- Also I need some hand towels, wash cloths (no need to be the nice one).
- It will take 2 hours for the session… I usually do family or at least mommy and baby session at the end of the newborn session. So prepare white onesie for the baby and black/white top for mommy & daddy or siblings (if you have older children)
To sum up this article, all you need for the perfect newborn session:
- 0-7 days old baby in diaper only 30 mins prior to my arrival (also in milk comma stage).
- Space heater and a warm house (80 degree)
- any props you have
- bunch of hand towels or washcloths
- space next to a giant window that has sunlight
- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: a very relax mommy…. don’t worry… baby can sense it when his/her mommy is stressing out 🙂
Newborn session Guidelines for in-studio session:
- Feed the baby at my studio instead of before coming.
- When you come to my studio, wear light clothes (not the clothes you want to wear for the picture). My studio will be very warm, so prepare to be sweaty 🙂
- If you have older child(ren), let them come at the end of the session 1 hr or 3o mins before the session ended. I do have toy room, if you prefer them to stay.
- I recommend solid color tops for the family pictures.
- Bring pacifier if the baby takes pacifier
- bring extra bottle of milk if you have bottle-fed baby
- Bring extra diapers and extra clothes for parents/siblings just in case
- Baby will be naked most of the time and I have props & wraps.. so don’t worry about what the baby will wear.